Nathan & Melanie . anytime
Oh. My. Cheese.
Ok. So, I scheduled this shoot with Melanie and started getting really excited at the day drew ever nearer. The night before the shoot a group of people from our college ministry went to a David Crowder concert and as we were heading out Melanie & I were talking about our shoot when she asked if I would be open to including her boyfriend, Nathan. Now you see, I adore shooting couples; possibly more than individuals, so of COURSE I jumped at this idea.like, literally. I think I hopped a little bit. If not physically, definitely mentally. (Yes, I CAN jump mentally. Now what? Oh!)
There were a few firsts for me on this shoot:
1. I had never had a couple where the guy was reluctant to shoot in the street but the girl was fine with it (excited, even)
2. I had never coveted someone’s hair as badly as I want Melanie’s hair. Wowzers, it’s amazing.
3. I had never refrained from shooting somewhere because of NO TRESPASSING signs before, but Nathan was adamant. (I know. You’re not supposed to shoot there, buuuuut I do. Haha.)
4. This sounds so lame, but I had never gotten so many shots tack sharp in one session. AHH. Made me so so happy.
5. I had never been THAT close to being creamed by traffic while on a shoot. No, never. Never been that close to traffic. Ever. It was amazing.
Hope you guys love your images as much as I love them! It was such a joy working with you; I had so much fun! Love you!
Don’t you just want to die over her hair?! It’s insane. I love it to death.
Oh my oh my.
So cute. So Melanie.
And she assure me she would be an awful model. Yeah, she liiiiiiied. Big time.
Aw! I love this shot.
Mmm. Stunning. Those eyes.
Nathan, you have a great smile. Thanks for not being a typical guy in front of the camera. It’s such a pleasure working with guys who aren’t camera shy or just don’t care.
My favorite from this session and high in the runnings for favorite image of 2009, I love it that much.
I told them where to sit and as I walked back to frame my shot, I hear Melanie say something like “Oh yes. This is normal. We always go out and sit here like this, on the side of the road” to the cars that drove by. Haha. ♥
Melanie, that sign says ‘smoking.’ Yes. Yes you are.
I love it when little purple flowers match my lovely model’s outfit. *sigh*
Mmhmm. My job is so, so easy.
Want an awesome story to tell? Want an adventure like no other? Go on a photo shoot with me. Haha. Just ask Melanie some time. We almost died. By rush hour traffic. You cannot say I won’t take a risk to get the shot.
I’ll upload the rest of the session’s amazing images soon. Well, as soon as my computer decides to cooperate. Stay tuned.